1 on the list
3 divided by
something is saying something positive.
Thomas Friedman’s “flat world” theory predicts that in the future, all countries will be competing on an equal playing field — paving the way for highly-populated countries to dominate the world economy. Do you agree with him?
How does he explain the existence of Germany? What country has the highest exports in the world today? It’s the country with the highest wage rates and union restrictions. Germany has become more of a power, not less of a power as the world has become more global. Our problem isn’t competing with China, it’s competing with Germany in China. We’re so focused on China all the time, and low-wage assembly stuff, that we’re missing what’s going on. It’s Germany that’s going in and selling stuff in China that we ought to be selling that would hold down the trade gap between the U.S. and China. It’s not China’s fault; it’s Germany’s. But no one wants to talk about that. Because that would raise questions about the whole U.S. model: Why is this high-wage country beating us? Why are the European socialists beating us? It’s too subversive an idea so we don’t allow in the discourse.” —http://www.salon.com/books/nonfiction/index.html?story=/books/feature/2010/08/25/german_usa_working_life_ext2010
I love typing on the iMac keyboard. It is such a pleasure. Yes I’m incredibility weird. I need to read more fiction, or at least fun books. Feels like the meds are finally kicking in. yay!
My sleeping patterns are off, which is wonderful considering I have morning classes. In other news I really like the feel of the iMac’s keyboard. Random I know, but I am in the computer lab and the noise and feeling all make sense.
Farmville has become my game of choice. I really like harvesting my crops and watching them grow. It relaxes me.
I need to take more pictures. I am finding I need to photograph things that inspire me, which is odd because I don’t normally take pictures. I find that facebook vanity pictures are dull, that and I don’t really go out to take any pictures of.
I miss new york. Last time I was in a flurry of stress and anxiety, so I didn’t do much and wish that I could go back to relax, which I guess is not why not go there. Perhaps it is more of a busy relax type of thing. Who knows? I feel maybe I like visiting the city, not living there. But right now that is all speculation. Perhaps it will be a relaxing place for me. I always felt right when I was in the city. But I didn’t like Brooklyn for some reason. I don’t know, I felt like I wasn’t in New York because it doesn’t have the skyscrapers and it was just too chill. Maybe it was Williamsburg. As much as I love Pitzer hipsters, it felt weird. Also again, it could have been just the fact that I was stressed out to hell during my time in Brooklyn. Also it was my first time, but my first time in New York was magical, granted I wasn’t having breakdowns.
If anything, Princeton was magical. There was something about being there made me more confient about applying there. It is weird because I would have never thought that I would be even remotely thinking about Princeton as a possibility and actually applying there. I have gotten so much support about applying there that I feel positive. I don’t know, but there is a lot of positive energy around it and to me that is a bigger sign then numbers or colors, although they help. lol
Okay enough stream of consciousness. Time to work or watch a movie, I don’t know which to do first. lol
I left the lights on tonight. I need to lay out on the hammocks.
Why is outer space’s designated color blue? I mean I get the coldness, but really? It is getting a little cliche if I am noticing it.
- Have lots of money and success and then complain about all the hardships in your life.
- Throw a party and only invite 12 people to make it exclusive.
- Have a perfect body and then complain how fat you are.
- Act like you are still in elementary school when determining who are your friends.
- Get Botox and other cosmetic procedures done before 50.
- Find a summer project to mold them into mini-you
- Act like the New York social scene revolves around you, when you have to go on a reality television show to think you are important.
- Think of yourself as mature and anyone not following the same perceived matureness is immature, all when you yourself are just as immature in other ways.
- Honestly believe things like you are “too expensive” to keep on an Off-Broadway show, when the writing on the walls indicate it is about your lack of talent.
- Go on a reality TV show to show how A-list you actually are, when that totally negates the idea you are A-List and shows you that you are just an attention whore.